DYKWRI - Chapter 5


Afterwards



“There were times like that, weren’t there?”



Sitting with Lord Alan in the gazebo and having tea, I found myself thinking back to what happened three years ago.


Lord Alan is slumped over in an ungentlemanly fashion. Every time the memory comes up it makes him blush with embarrassment, so I poke him like this now and then. It’s a punishment, so Ivy doesn’t say a word. If I overdo it, Ivy will stop me.


In the end, Mina apologized so many times that I left the matter to Daniel. Sir Cyrus was at his estate, so it seems Mina went to work there. The treatment clinic is on the estate, so visiting her younger brother on her days off appears to be her comfort. I was too soft when I’d just married.


It seems Daniel and Dora thoroughly re-educated her, so she’s probably managing all right now. That said, I will not allow her to appear before Lord Alan and me.


That day, Lord Alan chose to treat me as his wife. But I was angry too. I was certain Mina meant to take my position. People with no sense of propriety will inevitably bring harm to a household. I had told Lord Alan that we would determine Mina’s fate before our wedding night, and watched how things went from there. I never imagined she would make such a mess in just a week. After Mina left the mansion, we spent our wedding night without incident and truly became husband and wife in both name and reality. Over these three years Lord Alan has shown himself to be a man worthy of my trust and respect. There was no blazing romance, but I’m glad he is the one by my side. If Sir Cyrus had been the match, we might have been a restless couple—he and Lord Alan have similarities that might not have suited me. And besides…


“Mom. Please give me milk.”


“Drink slowly, Sedi.”


“Yes!”



Our son, who drinks his milk slowly and steadily, is two years old now. I keep telling Lord Alan not to give him sweets before a meal, but he secretly gave him a cookie, so I tease him about that old affair from three years ago.



“Because you told me what you did back then, I didn’t become a complete fool. I’m grateful. I have a lovely son. Is it all right for me to be this happy?” Lord Alan said.


“It’s perfectly all right. I was so glad that you listened to me that day,” I replied.


“I see… Thank you, Violet. I’m counting on you from now on as well.”


I wiped Sedi’s mouth and smiled.


“Of course, Lord Alan. We’re expecting another child next year, so please continue to take care of us for a long time to come.”



It was not my fault that Lord Alan sprayed his tea all over the place.



Author's Note

Thank you for reading. I always wonder — what is the end goal of people who set out to make others’ lives miserable?



TL Note

Me too, Author. It's even worse if they don't even have any advantage for doing it.






Comments